--------

From: hplabs!motsj1!nswed5!efb (Everett F. Batey II),
      hplabs!motsj1!nswed5!unicon!dlt (Dan Taylor)
Subject: A question about TCP / UDP sources
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 88 14:39:23 PST

[...] We have a Unix 5.2 / 5.3, Motorola 68020 (VME 10 / 1100 ),
and hold AT&T / Motorola, V68 5.3.3 Source license with RFS.

Dan Taylor, of UNICON, Santa Ana, a VME sw/hw system development shop
has examined the 5.3 sources and the CMC, Santa Barbara, sources which
Motorola resells for VME / V68 system:

> You are aware of the tools that are not supplied by CMC, both TCP/IP and
> the total lack of UDP/IP support.
>
> I am hoping to find is a complete TCP, UDP, and IP protocol suite, generic,
> that is coded for a UNIX host ( if you find one, it will probably be bsd),
> and sources for the associated utilities.  Given that so much development
> of those protocols was funded by the government, I was hoping to avoid
> large fees.

We are trying hard not to reinvent the public domain wheel.

Can anyone suggest a source for the TCP and UDP utility socket source code?

Everett F. Batey II - USNSWSES EDMICS V Project
sun!tsunami!nswed5!efb - Port Hueneme,CA     805/982-5881
--------