[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] EGP networks reachable

kurt@hi.unm.edu (Kurt Zeilenga) (03/07/88)

I would like to add a network to a MILnet gateway's EGP'er.
Technically, I have everything ready to go.  But, I assume,
some sort of registration is needed.  Hints would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks

--
	Kurt (zeilenga@hc.dspo.gov)

brescia@PARK-STREET.BBN.COM (Mike Brescia) (03/07/88)

     I would like to add a network to a MILnet gateway's EGP'er.

If you have registered the network with the NIC (hostmaster@sri-nic.arpa) to
acquire a valid net number , and registered the gateway also to acquire a
valid autonomous system number, you are ready.

If you notify 'gateway@bbn.com' when you actually start coming up, we know who
to contact if we see problems, or who to expect a call from if you see them.

Mike Brescia, for 'gateway@bbn.com'

kurt@hi.unm.edu (Kurt Zeilenga) (03/08/88)

In article <23535@hi.unm.edu>, kurt@hi.unm.edu (Kurt Zeilenga) writes:
> I would like to add a network to a MILnet gateway's EGP'er.
> Technically, I have everything ready to go.  But, I assume,
> some sort of registration is needed.  Hints would be greatly
> appreciated.  Thanks

Thanks for all the comments.  I found the problem.  Time.  When
I was playing with the EGP'er I was expecting the core to pick up
on the routes quickly.  After leaving the EGP'er up all night,
everything was working fine in the morning.

Happy netting....

--
	Kurt (zeilenga@hc.dspo.gov)