[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] X.400<->RFC822

swb@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Scott Brim) (03/08/88)

I know work has been going on for a while on gateways between X.400
mail and RFC822 mail (ISO and DoD IP-based Internet).  Could someone
give me pointers and contacts to find out how the work is progressing,
what is available, and what will be available this year?
					Thanks very much....Scott

mohsen@retix.retix.COM (Mohsen Banan) (03/15/88)

In article <8803081451.AA24107@tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU> swb@TCGOULD.TN.CORNELL.EDU (Scott Brim) writes:
>I know work has been going on for a while on gateways between X.400
>mail and RFC822 mail (ISO and DoD IP-based Internet).  Could someone
>give me pointers and contacts to find out how the work is progressing,
>what is available, and what will be available this year?
>					Thanks very much....Scott

RFC987 (Mapping between X.400 and RFC822) is the title of the document that
you want. (S. E. Kille, University College London, June 1986.)
It was posted to the net in Nov. 1987.

I am also interested in X.400 <---> RFC822 mapping work that people are doing.