[net.jobs] Unix porting jobs for mini-supercomputer startup Axiom

gnu@l5.uucp (John Gilmore) (09/21/85)

(I am unrelated to this company; they called me to see if I wanted to
work there, and I agreed to post this for them.  I don't recommend or
disrecommend them.)

Axiom is looking for people with 3 or more years (post-college) of Unix
internals experience.  They are building a "mini Cray" based on "parallel
processing using dataflow techniques".  Don't ask me what it means, it's
just what they tell people (like me) who haven't signed nondisclosure.
They need kernel, library, and utilities folks.  Compiler experience
is a plus.  They're located in Milpitas (East Bay near San Jose, CA).
Equity is available "based on salary and experience".  They are willing
to relocate qualified people, and are also looking locally.

If you're interested, call Walter Wong (Human Resources) at 408-943-9460.
They aren't on the net yet, but are looking for links.

Mention that you saw this in net.jobs for a free hundred shares of stock.
[Just kidding folks...]

smk@axiom.UUCP (Steven M. Kramer) (09/23/85)

> From: gnu@l5.uucp (John Gilmore)
> Newsgroups: net.jobs
> Subject: Unix porting jobs for mini-supercomputer startup Axiom
>
> Axiom is looking for people with 3 or more years (post-college) of Unix
> internals experience.  They are building a "mini Cray" based on "parallel

The Axiom company talked about here is not us (WE are located in Mass
but have an office in Santa Clara, CA).

--
	--steve kramer
	{allegra,genrad,ihnp4,utzoo,philabs,uw-beaver}!linus!axiom!smk	(UUCP)