[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Mail Order TCP-IP.

geoff@fernwood.mpk.ca.us (Geoff Goodfellow) (05/15/88)

What with three books available or soon to be on TCP-IP, take note in the latest
Black Box Catalog... TCP-IP is now available via mail order.  Diners Club
International, Carte Blance, Master Charge, American Express and Visa accepted!
From a PDP-11/20 via a Very Distant Host connection to SRI from Vint Cerf's Lab
at Stanford to a mail order house & just about every plastic charge plate.
TCP-IP has (almost?) become a consumer item.  Next stop.... Radio Shack?
Geoff

craig@SH.CS.NET (Craig Partridge) (05/16/88)

> What with three books available or soon to be on TCP-IP, take note in the latest
> Black Box Catalog...

Geoff,

    Does the catalog offer Vint Cerf decoder rings?  I've been searching
for one for some time now.... :-)

Craig

Mills@UDEL.EDU (05/16/88)

Craig,

I think you mean Cerfboards, not decoder rings. These can be used to escape
alligators in the swamps, entangle sausage nets and even fry fuzzballs. Vint
can tell you TCP is a mouthwash sold in Britain and what cooks in a bakeoff.
Nevertheless, I don't think any of the older buzzards in the Internet coop
ever thought you could buy TCP-IP with a credit card, much less a Cerfboard.
Lest we forget Premier Buzzard Bob Kahn, you should know there is a pawnshop
in Wellington, New Zealand called the Kahn Store, where you just might find
a better bargain.

Dave

mark@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Mark Davies) (05/17/88)

In article <8805152226.aa12175@Huey.UDEL.EDU> Mills@UDEL.EDU writes:
>Lest we forget Premier Buzzard Bob Kahn, you should know there is a pawnshop
>in Wellington, New Zealand called the Kahn Store, where you just might find
>a better bargain.

I've lived in Wellington for the last 20 years and hadn't heard of this
store.  Just checked the phone book and discovered that it did exist, but
Kahns the pawnshop (actually a TV repairman) has closed down (It is now an
Antique shop).  You will have to try somewhere else.  Of course they may
always have an NCP implementation---but you know how expensive Antique
shops are!  ;-)

mark
--
Domainised:  mark@comp.vuw.ac.nz	Bang form: ...!uunet!vuwcomp!mark

philipp@LARRY.MCRCIM.MCGILL.EDU (Philip A. Prindeville) (05/17/88)

> I think you mean Cerfboards, not decoder rings. These can be used to escape
> alligators in the swamps, entangle sausage nets and even fry fuzzballs. Vint
> can tell you TCP is a mouthwash sold in Britain and what cooks in a bakeoff.

I thought the mouthwash was called "VAX69"?

-Philip