[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Competition for Bridge

andrew@riddle.UUCP (Andrew Beattie) (05/13/88)

Does anyone other than Bridge make Ethernet TCP/IP Terminal servers?

(A bit of healthy competition might help their price policy :-) )

Mail me, and I'll post a summary.

Many thanks.

Andrew Beattie
Sphinx, 43-53 Moorbrige Road, Maidenhead, England
mcvax!ukc!reading!riddle!andrew
andrew@sphinx.co.uk
+44 628 75343
#include <disclaimer.h>

ehrlich@blitz (Dan Ehrlich) (05/16/88)

In article <599@riddle.UUCP> andrew@riddle.UUCP (Andrew Beattie) writes:
>Does anyone other than Bridge make Ethernet TCP/IP Terminal servers?

Let's see now:

	1) Encore Computer - Annex Terminal Server
	2) CISCO

We have all three, Bridge, Encore, CISCO, here at Penn State.  I have had
experience only with Bridge and Encore.  Of the two I would recommend the
Encore over the Bridge any day.

Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich@blitz.cs.psu.edu>
The Pennsylvania State University, Department of Computer Science
333 Whitmore Laboratory, University Park, PA   16802
+1 814 863 1142 or +1 814 865 9723
Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich@blitz.cs.psu.edu>
The Pennsylvania State University, Department of Computer Science
333 Whitmore Laboratory, University Park, PA   16802
+1 814 863 1142 or +1 814 865 9723

tom@TUT.CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (Tom Easterday) (05/17/88)

   Dan,

     Could you give me a name and number for someone at Encore and CISCO to
     talk to about their terminal servers.  Here at The Ohio State Univ. we
     currently have Bridge equipment (and have been relatively pleased with it)
     but I would like to cover all the bases.  Thanks for your time.

                       Tom Easterday
                       Instruction and Research Computer Center
                       The Ohio State University

ehrlich@blitz (Dan Ehrlich) (05/20/88)

In article <8805171310.AA03117@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> tom@TUT.CIS.OHIO-STATE.EDU (Tom Easterday) writes:

>   Dan,
>
>     Could you give me a name and number for someone at Encore and CISCO to

I have a number for Encore, but will have to track down CISCO.
Our sales rep for Encore is Aaron Silberstrom, +1 301 762 8711.
Encore just announced a 32 port version of there server with a
faster CPU, more memory, etc.  Cost: $8,500.

--Dan

paul@aucs.UUCP (Paul Steele) (05/24/88)

>I have a number for Encore, but will have to track down CISCO.

The number for CISCO is (415) 326-1941 or (800) 553-NETS (which doesn't
work in Canada :-( )

--
Paul H. Steele      USENET:   {uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}!dalcs!aucs!Paul
Acadia University   BITNET:   Paul@Acadia