[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] A couple of questions

guru@flora.wustl.EDU (Gurudatta Parulkar) (06/04/88)

Has anybody successfully installed Van Jacobson's tcp/ip on a
binary only sun 3/50 ? Please let me know. I need some help.

Are there any good references on operating large campus networks which
talk about administrative as well as technical issues ? I have
accumulated a lot of info from this and other bboards, but want
to check if there are any comprehensive papers on the subject.

Thanks in advance.

-guru

Dr. Guru Parulkar
Asst Professor             guru@flora.wustl.edu
Dept of Computer Science   parulkar@udel.edu
Washington University      wucs1!guru@uunet.uu.net
St. Louis MO 63130
(314) 889-4621

guru@wra.wustl.EDU (Gurudatta Parulkar) (06/04/88)

Asst Professor             guru@Dept of Computer Science   parulkar@udel.edu
Washington University      wucs1!guru@uunet.uu.net
St. Louis MO 63130
(314) 889-4621

#! rnews 1443e wind th: ucb

craig@NNSC.NSF.NET (Craig Partridge) (06/05/88)

Installing Van Jacobson's TCP on a SUN 3/50 is quite simple.  There is
a special Makefile.sun that makes it easy to generate *.o files you
can stick in /sys/OBJ.  It also works wonderfully -- my TCP connections
have been noticeably happier.

Installing the entire Berkeley distribution (with the IP fixes, etc) is
quite difficult -- it requires porting the software to the SUN.

Craig

melohn@SUN.COM (Bill Melohn) (06/06/88)

In article <8806041348.AA06264@lora.wustl.edu> guru@wra.wustl.EDU (Gurudatta Parulkar) writes:
>Has anybody successfully installed Van Jacobson's tcp/ip on a
>binary only sun 3/50 ? Please let me know. I need some help.

Van's XTCP work is included in SunOS 4.0, which should be available
now at a Sun sales office near you.