[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] What about HP/UX ARP cache and rtnet structure?

robert@SPAM.ISTC.SRI.COM (Robert Allen) (09/21/88)

From: robert@spam.istc.sri.com ()
Newsgroups: comp.sys.hp
Subject: ARP cache on HP9000/300 & rtnet structure ????
Expires:
I am engaged in porting some neworking software to an HP9000/300.
The software was written for 4.2/4.3 BSD compatibility, so it will
not port directly to HP/UX 6.01.  Currently I am trying to solve some
of the problems encountered in the port, and as a result I have two
questions for people "in the know":

    (1) I've heard rumor that HP/UX 6.01 has removed the ARP cache
	from the kernel (ie. it is gone from the operating system).
	Is this true?  If so, why was it done?  If so, how often is
	ARPing done, and how/where is the result stored?  If so, will
	the ARP cache ever be put back?

    (2) Since HP/UX 6.01 has removed the rtnet and rthost structures
	from the publically available header files where BSD keeps
	them, and has put them into route.c, I'm wondering if the
	network and host routing tables are exactly the same as under
	4.2 or 4.3 BSD.  If not could someone post what the structure
	is like?

Thanks much.

  Robert Allen,
		robert@spam.istc.sri.com,