[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Connected vs. Unconnected Nets

HOSTMASTER@SRI-NIC.ARPA (10/22/88)

I would like to clear up a recent confusion over which type of network
the NIC WHOIS data base lists.  Currently, only "connected" networks
are listed in WHOIS.

One would not find any reference to network #3 there because it has
unconnected status, although it is a legitimate number assigned to
General Electric.

-Sue
-------

barnett@vdsvax.steinmetz.ge.com (Bruce G. Barnett) (10/24/88)

In article <12440301981.30.SUE@SRI-NIC.ARPA>, HOSTMASTER@SRI-NIC writes:

>One would not find any reference to network #3 there because it has
>unconnected status, although it is a legitimate number assigned to
>General Electric.

Yes. I posted the question about RPC broadcasts on network 3 because
we like to clean up our own problems first.

We are bringing up our new gateway soon.
--
Bruce