[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] misc.security

wisner@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bill Wisner) (11/27/88)

misc.security is not a "normal" newsgroup. It is an inet newsgroup, gatewayed
to the mailing list security@rutgers.edu.

Since it is an inet group, unmoderating it or finding a new moderator is not
really an option.

The lack of any activity is not a result of any hardware or connectivity
problems. If anything, it's probably been caused by lack of submissions.

mhw@wittsend.LBP.HARRIS.COM (Michael H. Warfield (Mike)) (11/28/88)

In article <28417@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> wisner@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Bill Wisner) writes:

>The lack of any activity is not a result of any hardware or connectivity
>problems. If anything, it's probably been caused by lack of submissions.

     Wrrrrooongggggggggg.  The moderator (The Hobbit) has been out of touch for
several months.  There has, just recently, been a test message in misc.security
from the Hobbit.  There may yet be rumblings of life over yonder.  If what I
have read from other people is true, it has certainly not been through lack of
submissions.

---

Michael H. Warfield  (The Mad Wizard)	| gatech.edu!galbp!wittsend!mhw
  (404)  270-2123 / 270-2098		| mhw@wittsend.LBP.HARRIS.COM
An optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds.
A pessimist is sure of it!