[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] TCP-IP for AT&T 3B2's

jacob6@ntvax.UUCP (02/29/88)

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if any of can give some information about
the availability of PD source of tcp-ip for AT&T 3b2 machine.
Your response in this matter will be deeply appreciated.

-Jey

North Texas state University
Denton, Tx 76201.

UUCP: convex!ntvax!jacob6

jacob6@ntvax.UUCP (02/29/88)

/* Written  1:21 pm  Feb 28, 1988 by ntvax.UUCP!jacob6 in ntvax:comp.protocols.tcp-ip */ /* ---------- "TCP-IP for AT&T 3B2'S" ---------- */ Hi Folks,

Iam wondering if any of you folks know about any PD source
of TCP-IP for AT&T 3B2 machines.  Your response in this matter
will be deeply appreciated.

-Jey

North Texas state University
Denton, Tx 76201.

UUCP: convex!ntvax!jacob6

/* End of text from ntvax:comp.protocols.tcp-ip */

latzko@athos.rutgers.edu (Alex ) (03/03/88)

In article <46200003@ntvax> jacob6@ntvax.UUCP writes:
>Iam wondering if any of you folks know about any PD source
>of TCP-IP for AT&T 3B2 machines.  Your response in this matter
>UUCP: convex!ntvax!jacob6

Surely, you jest.  Seriously,  there is non or I would have it.  it
costs $$ from ATT

cheers
/S*

bzs@BU-CS.BU.EDU (Barry Shein) (03/05/88)

>In article <46200003@ntvax> jacob6@ntvax.UUCP writes:
>>Iam wondering if any of you folks know about any PD source
>>of TCP-IP for AT&T 3B2 machines.  Your response in this matter
>>UUCP: convex!ntvax!jacob6
>
>Surely, you jest.  Seriously,  there is non or I would have it.  it
>costs $$ from ATT

As a callow youth I wrote a udp/ip and tftp for the 3B which can be
picked up from BU-IT.BU.EDU's anon area, src/network/udp.3b/*. I have
no idea of it works under current releases although other than the
ethernet device assumptions (/dev/ni if I remember right) I can't
imagine it's too far off. Feel free, I certainly have no interest in
supporting it etc as we don't use 3B's anymore, mostly due to its
lack of TCP/IP...

	-Barry Shein, Boston University

mhampson@wpi.edu (Mark A. Hampson) (02/02/89)

 would like to take this oportunity to thank the folks at
Bell Labs for taking such good care of me on the TCP for
3B2 problem.

To summarize:
There is a package (Enhanced TCP/WIN 3B) from the Wollongong Group
that is sold through AT&T that uses the 3BNET hardware and gives
TCP/IP support.  The package is refered to as 1040-TE1 for S5R2 and
1040-TE2 for S5R3.

Thanks again.
Mark A. Hampson
(internet) mhampson@wpi.wpi.edu