[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Information on X.500

lopez@JVNCA.CSC.ORG (Claudia Lopez) (04/10/89)

Hi,

I am looking for some information on X.500 distributed Data Base.
I will appreciate any information or documentation you may have.

Thanks in advance.
Caludia Lopez
Net-Coordinator
Lopez@jvnca.csc.org

lopez@JVNCA.CSC.ORG (Claudia Lopez) (04/10/89)

Hi,

I am looking for some information on X.500 Distributed Data Base.
I will appreciate any information or documentation you may have.

Thanks in advanced
Claudia Lopez
Net-Coordinator
Lopez@jvnca.csc.org

yeongw@LENNON.NYSER.NET (04/11/89)

QUIPU, which is an implementation of X.500 from UCL, is distributed
with the ISODE 5.0 package. For more information, I suggest you send
a message to the 'isode' list.

Wengyik

ddeutsch@BBN.COM (Debbie Deutsch) (04/11/89)

X.500 is a distributed directory system.  Of course it has elements of
a distributed database, but it has a lot of other things, too.
Perhaps most important, it provides a framework for naming objects
(people, applications, etc.) with which one might communicate via a
large, multiply-administered network.  X.500 addresses topics such as
security (via use of certificates) but does not fully treat
traditional aspects of databases such as access control.

X.500 is described in a series of eight documents.  They are available
from:

Omnicom
115 Park St., SE
Vienna, Virginia 22180

703-281-1135

Regards,

Debbie Deutsch

OLE@CSLI.STANFORD.EDU (Ole J. Jacobsen) (04/19/89)

Sorry about the re-posting, this never seems to have made it out to the
USENET, at least it never appeared back on this host:

-------