[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] TCP/IP for VMS

gkn@SDS.SDSC.EDU (07/10/87)

We used to run TWG's stuff here until I got tired of it crashing the VAXcluster
and flooding the local ethernet with garbage.

We've been using SRI's MultiNet-Plus for about a year now, and are quite
pleased with it.  It not only works, it works well.  You have your choice of
mail systems (Pony Express, PMDF, and Software Tools), an excellent TELNET
and FTP implementation, QIO compataibility with TWG's stuff, a name server,
dynamic routing (EGP, RIP, and Hello), nice tools to maintain the network
configuration and server database.  In addition to TCP/UDP, it supports Chaos
and PUP.

gkn
--------------------------------------
Arpa:	GKN@SDS.SDSC.EDU
Bitnet:	GKN@SDSC
Span:	SDSC::GKN (27.1)
USPS:	Gerard K. Newman
	San Diego Supercomputer Center
	P.O. Box 85608
	San Diego, CA 92138
AT&T:	619.534.5076

garrett@udel.EDU (Joel Garrett) (07/14/87)

I've been hearing a lot of talk about a VMS implementation of TCP/IP
from either Tektronix or SRI.  Who can I get in contact with for more
information about this product?

					Joel Garrett
					University of Delaware
					Center for Composite Materials
					arpa address: garrett@udel-ccm.arpa

stever@videovax.Tek.COM (Steven E. Rice, P.E.) (07/14/87)

In article <353@louie.udel.EDU>, Joel Garrett (garrett@udel.EDU) writes:

> I've been hearing a lot of talk about a VMS implementation of TCP/IP
> from either Tektronix or SRI.  Who can I get in contact with for more
> information about this product?

Some time back, I was asked this question by mail.  After a bit of
calling around inside Tektronix, I wound up talking to The Right Person.
The answer (for the Tektronix software) is, "Call your local Tektronix
field office."  (I don't know the answer for SRI.)

					Steve Rice

called tektcp, ummm let's see, send a msg to:

	tektcp-request%kla.weslyn%wesleyan.bitnet@wiscvm.wisc.edu

to get added.  There's probably a shorter way to write it, but that's
all I have....

---

Christopher Welty - Asst. Director, RPI CS Labs
weltyc@cs.rpi.edu       ...!seismo!rpics!weltyc

merdian@kssun1.rus.uni-stuttgart.dbp.DE (Peter Merdian) (04/22/89)

Hello,

I am looking for information about TCP/IP for VMS.

We have VAX 8810, 8300, MVAX-II and use currently WIN TCP/IP from Wollongong.
What experiences do you have with TCP/IP for VMS, for example from Fusion or
CMU. I am particularely interested in your experiences with those products
concering the use of nameserver and subnetting (we have a class B net with
3 byte subnetting).

Thanks for any help,
--- Peter

Computing Center