[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] SURFNET

mliu@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Mei-Ling L. Liu) (04/29/89)

<<Article 7158 (6 more) in comp.protocols.tcp-ip:
<<From: johnan@ism780c.isc.com (John Antypas)
<<Subject: Need address of Surfnet coordinator
<<
--MORE--(39%)Hello Surfers!
<<
<<Would anyone out there on Surfnet (I believe I'm spelling it correctly)

I responded earlier:
<
<SURFNET was the first choice, but the name was already taken, so the
<Southern Cal NSF regional network is now known as CERFNET, which stands
<for The California Education and Research Federation.  The chairperson
<for CERFNET is Susan Estrada, San Diego Supercomputer Center, P.O. Box
<85608, San Diego, CA 92138, estradas@sds.sdsc.edu.  The network publishes
<a newsletter that can be obtained by sending a request to
<armstrongk@sdsc.sds.edu.

A couple of updates:
The newsletter can be obtained by sending a request to
armstrongk@sds.sdsc.edu, not armstrongk@sdsc.sds.edu.
Enquiries about CERFNET can be e-mailed to the same address
or to Susie Arnold (susie@sds.sdsc.edu).

Mei-Ling Liu, Cal Poly SLO