[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] TCP/IP on HP-IL?

Has anyone ever played with the idea of doing TCP/IP over HP-IL?
(HP-IL, for those unfamiliar with it, is a 1 Mbps asynchronous
current- loop ring network meant for small low-power devices such as
the HP-41 calculator; I recently picked up an HP-IL interface for the
IBM-PC.)  SLIP and friends should be directly applicable.

(Henry -- I'm only partially teasing -- it would be an interesting hack --
maybe I could start a competition for the smallest machine on the Internet?
But anyway, Phil Karn's NET would work nicely as a router -- all you would
need is a MIDI packet driver.  Send me a MIDI interface for the PC and
programmer's docs and I'll write one.)
--
--russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])
I'm a right-to-lifer -- everyone has a right to earn a living sufficient to

romkey@asylum.SF.CA.US (John Romkey) (05/04/89)

In article <NELSON.89May3223650@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> nelson@clutx.clarkson.edu writes:
>(Henry -- I'm only partially teasing -- it would be an interesting hack --
>maybe I could start a competition for the smallest machine on the Internet?
>But anyway, Phil Karn's NET would work nicely as a router -- all you would
>need is a MIDI packet driver.  Send me a MIDI interface for the PC and
>programmer's docs and I'll write one.)

Hey, if my toaster is going to run TCP, then your calculator and
Henry's synth should be able to, too...