[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] protocol types

MAIER@EDVZ.UNI-SALZBURG.ADA.AT (05/17/89)

Is there a document containing a list of all protocol types used in
TCP/IP protocols (for example ARP requests: 0806).

Franz Maier                      MAIER@EDVZ.UNI-SALZBURG.ADA.AT
EDVZ, Univ.Salzburg
Austria

scotth@grebyn.COM (Scott Hutchinson) (05/18/89)

In article <8905171543.AA05494@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> MAIER@EDVZ.UNI-SALZBURG.ADA.AT writes:

>Is there a document containing a list of all protocol types used in
>TCP/IP protocols (for example ARP requests: 0806).

	Can you be more specific?  I believe IEEE would have some stuff
on it, if not then some of the vendors maybey?  what exactly do you
need?

					-Scott Hutchinson

Standard Disclamers:  These opinions are mine, they do not reflect on my
                      Company at all.
I can be reached at scotth@grebyn.com or scotth@grebyn.uucp

mwn@mike.ufnet.ufl.edu (Michael Nora) (05/18/89)

In article <8905171543.AA05494@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> MAIER@EDVZ.UNI-SALZBURG.ADA.AT writes:

>Is there a document containing a list of all protocol types used in
>TCP/IP protocols (for example ARP requests: 0806).

I've got a fairly current list of both ethernet types codes and
manufacturer address prefixes I'll post to the net if anyone is interested.
(I tried mailing them to the requester, but mail to foreign contries never
works for me).

--
     Michael Nora       | Internet:  mwn@mike.ufnet.ufl.edu
 University of Florida  | UUCP:  uhmmm .. beats the hell outa me ???