[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] tn3270 wanted

mehls@nixbln.UUCP (05/12/89)

i post this for a friend without usenet-access:

is there anybody, who knows where one can get
a public-domain version of telnet including
tn3270.
???????
from : jens mohrmann

thanks in advance

(please send answers to uunet!linus!nixbur!mohrmann.bln
 or unido!nixpbe!mohrmann.bln from europe)

sscott@camdev.UUCP (Steve Scott) (05/14/89)

In article <7000001@nixbln> mehls@nixbln.UUCP writes:

>is there anybody, who knows where one can get
>a public-domain version of telnet including
>tn3270.
>???????
>from : jens mohrmann

Why not simply post the whereabouts of this utility?  I am interested
in getting it too!

--
Steve Scott            UUCP: {killer|texbell}!camdev!sscott
Motorola, Inc.         Telephone : 1-817-232-6317

minshall@kinetics.UUCP (Greg Minshall) (05/19/89)

You may obtain tn3270 (not exactly public domain, rather a "public
service distribution") from ucbarpa.berkeley.edu, directory pub/tn3270.

The alternative method for obtaining the sources is to send a check
for $100.00 (US) payable to "the Regents of the University of California"
to:
	Campus Software Office
	295 Evans Hall
	UC Berkeley, CA  94720

and enclose a note asking for tn3270.  It comes (these days) on a Sun
tape cartridge.

(Note that this is, not surprisingly, a Berkeley Unix version.)

Greg Minshall				Kinetics, a division of Excelan
...!ucbvax!unisoft!kinetics!minshall	1-415-947-0998