[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] TCP/IP for IBM MVS/SP/XA

KORN@YKTVMT.BITNET ("Matt Korn") (06/25/89)

In article <492@stc-auts.UUCP>,
<nbires!stcvax!stc-auts!dgp@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> (Dave G. Pitts) writes:

> Hello world! I'm looking to connect IBM mainframes to TCP/IP using the
> standard IBM TCP/IP software. Has anyone had any experience with this
> package? I've heard rumors that it does not work.

I don't think you could have heard rumors about the IBM TCP/IP for MVS
product.  IBM TCP/IP for MVS was announced 9/88, and will not be
generally available until 6/30/89.

If you do install the product and find something that does not work,
you can contact the TCP/IP group at the T.J. Watson Research Center.
We have an 800 number (published in the product announcement), and
there is also an IBM TCP forum on BITNET (IBMTCP-L@CUNYVM) which the
developers listen and contribute to.

Matt Korn
TCP/IP Development Group