[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] class b IP addresses

doherty@vax1.tcd.ie (07/26/89)

I wish to apply for a class B IP address for the
University of Dublin, Ireland.

Can anyone tell me how I go about this please.
I have been given a number of e-mail addresses
by local sources but they have not been correct.
Help would be much appreciated.
regards Michael Doherty, Computer Lab.,
                         Trinity College, University of dublin,
                         Dublin 2, Ireland
                         Doherty@vax1.TCD.IE
                         TEL. 353-1-772941 X 1751. FAX +353-1-792587.
.
QUIT

jos@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Jos Vos) (07/27/89)

In article <1081@vax1.tcd.ie> doherty@vax1.tcd.ie writes:

>I wish to apply for a class B IP address for the
>University of Dublin, Ireland.

>Can anyone tell me how I go about this please.
>I have been given a number of e-mail addresses
>by local sources but they have not been correct.

This one is correct (proof: I used it less than a month ago):

	hostmaster@sri-nic.arpa

Hope this succeeds.

--
-- ######   Jos Vos   ######   Internet   jos@idca.tds.philips.nl   ######
-- ######             ######   UUCP         ...!mcvax!philapd!jos   ######

generous@dgis.daitc.mil (Curtis Generous) (07/29/89)

jos@idca.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Jos Vos) writes:
>	hostmaster@sri-nic.arpa

After August 6, better to use:

	hostmaster@nic.ddn.mil

SRI-NIC is finally changing to a FQDN (sri-nic.arpa will still work for a while)

--curtis
--
Curtis C. Generous
DTIC Special Projects Office (DTIC-SPO)