[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Wollongong TCP/IP and Printer Sharing

jml@tw-rnd.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) (08/03/89)

I have ordered TCP/IP software for DOS from Wollongong. One
of the things I would like to do is have the PCs share a
printer tied to a Unix host.

To do this, I think I need to capture output from
the devices lptx: and re-route it into an rsh <sysname> lp
type command. I've seen programs that captured lptx: output
and put it into a file, so I assume this may be possible.

Does someone know how to accomplish this? Is there software,
commercial or otherwise to do this? Thanks!

| Michael Lodman               Mike.Lodman@SanDiego.NCR.COM |
| NCR Corporation  -  Distributed Systems Lab  -  San Diego |
| 9900 Old Grove Rd.  San Diego, CA.  92131  (619) 693-5353 |

mikeh@dell.dell.com (Mike Hammel) (08/05/89)

:
>Does someone know how to accomplish this? Is there software,
>commercial or otherwise to do this? Thanks!

ISC(actually Locus) has a package known as PC-Interface.  It has a command,
PRINTER, that allows you to redirect output from DOS or applications
to UNIX printers.

Michael J. Hammel   | UUCP(preferred): ...!cs.utexas.edu!dell!Kepler!mjhammel
Dell Computer Corp. | Also: ...!dell!dell!mikeh  or 73377.3467@compuserve.com
Austin, TX	    | Phone: 512-338-4400 ext 7169
	    	    | "I know engineers, they looooove to change things"
Disclaimer:	    |:
	These are my views, not necessarily those of the nice folks I work for.

nobody@mimsy.UUCP (Nobody) (08/08/89)

I'd like to try and play so TCP-IP software on ibmpc. I have an ibmpc-xt
is there any hardward requirement? Where can I get a demo-copy ?
From: chenn@tame.cs.umd.edu (Jenn-San Peter Chenn)