[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Bridges in large networks

chris@SALT.ACC.COM (Chris VandenBerg) (09/08/89)

Good morning all!
		I seem to remember seeing a report or two written by the folks
at the DEC Western Research Labs (I think) that was a technical analysis
of bridges in large networks, with a slant toward the DECNET aspects. Am I
imagining seeing this or does someone have an idea where documents like this
can be obtained? I know DEC publishes a fair amount of tech lit so there much
be way of grabbing a copy.
		If someone could point me in the right direction of let me
know of a contact I would be very grateful,
			Thanks,
				Chris VandenBerg - ACC
				chris@salt.acc.com
				(805)963-9431

mogul@decwrl.dec.com (Jeffrey Mogul) (09/12/89)

In article <8909071751.AA06392@salt.acc.com> chris@SALT.ACC.COM (Chris VandenBerg) writes:
>		I seem to remember seeing a report or two written by the folks
>at the DEC Western Research Labs (I think) that was a technical analysis
>of bridges in large networks, with a slant toward the DECNET aspects. Am I
>imagining seeing this or does someone have an idea where documents like this
>can be obtained? I know DEC publishes a fair amount of tech lit so there much
>be way of grabbing a copy.

I am sure that this was not written by someone at DECWRL; it might have
been written by someone else within Digital.

You can get information on DECWRL documents (Research Reports, mostly)
by sending a message to "wrl-techreports@decwrl.dec.com", with the word
"help" on the subject line.  I don't know a contact for other Digital
tech report series.

-Jeff