[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] PC X.25 boards?

mlaufer@CCT.BBN.COM (Michael Laufer) (09/20/89)

Does anyone have information on PC/AT X.25 boards?  We are looking for a board
that is DDN certified, with all or at least parts of the TCP protocol suite
(minimum of SMTP).  In addition we would like raw TCP.

I am aware of the boards from Scope Inc. and from Frontier Technology.  Scope
is discontinuing their X.25 gateway board product line so they are not an
option.  Is there another source other than Frontier?

Please reply directly to myself.  If there is general interest I will summarize
for the net.  Thanks

Michael Laufer      BBN Communications Corporation
internet:   mlaufer@bbn.com
phone:      (301) 290-5000
USMAIL:     9810 Patuxent Woods Drive, Columbia, MD 21046

CERF@A.ISI.EDU (09/24/89)

Michael,

There is a Canadian outfit called EIKON, Inc. which is based
in Ottawa, I think (or perhaps Toronto), which makes such a board.
I am sorry I don't have the address/phone - it was about 4-5 years
ago that I looked into this. They may be out of business, for all I
know today.

Vint

mshiels@tmsoft.uucp (Michael A. Shiels) (09/25/89)

The company in Ottawa Canada is Eicon and they have an EXCELLENT implementation
of an X.25 card.  The API is based upon Netbios which means that your software
doesn't have to poll the card for input waiting etc.  It will tell you!

sharon@asylum.SF.CA.US (Sharon Fisher) (09/25/89)

In article <[A.ISI.EDU]24-Sep-89.12:26:22.CERF> CERF@A.ISI.EDU writes:
>Michael,
>
>There is a Canadian outfit called EIKON, Inc. which is based
>in Ottawa, I think (or perhaps Toronto), which makes such a board.
>I am sorry I don't have the address/phone - it was about 4-5 years
>ago that I looked into this. They may be out of business, for all I
>know today.

I think you're talking about Eicot Technologies.  I thought they were
in Montreal, but I could be wrong.  I have their cards at home and
will look up the number.

--
"Girl?! Don't you call *me* 'Girl'! I got a foot of cunt, a number two
washtub full of tit, and enough hair on my pussy to weave an Indian