[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] PK-88 and MacNet works!

rc10+@ANDREW.CMU.EDU (Richard Clemens) (10/17/89)

Earlier this year I wrote:

>I am still have problems with the PK-88 talking to the Macintosh
>when using MacNet Version 1.0.  The information is still stuck in
>the PK-88s buffer and will not dump to the computer until an exit
>from host mode occurs.

And got several responses but none worked.  Now Dick Rucker, KM4ML,
checked with AEA and they suggested a jumper between R5 and R7 on
their leads nearest the serial port connector for Macket and MacRatt
host mode and so I tried it for MacNet and it seems to work just fine
(no pun intended Steve)!

My cable is:

DB-25         MacPlus
              Mini-8
  1             4,6
  2             5
  3             3
  7             4,6
  8             1
 20             2

Rich Clemens                    Associate Professor, WV Wesleyan College
Phone:  304-473-8000 office            Bitnet: os360160@wvnvms.wvnet.edu
        304-472-3029 home                           rc10+@andrew.cmu.edu
TCP/IP: [44.058.000.003]                         Packet: KB8AOB @ WB8CQV