[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] FDDI/TCP-IP for Hammacher Schlemmer Chistmas Tree?

geoff@FERNWOOD.MPK.CA.US (the terminal of Geoff Goodfellow) (10/18/89)

Does anyone have a FDDI interface and a TCP-IP driver for the Hammacher
Schlemmer Fiber Optic Christmas Tree?  Could we have one on the Show and
Tel-Net next year?  I quote from the recent catalog which arrived this
morning's mail:

	THE ONLY FIBER OPTIC CHRISTMAS TREE

	A Hammacher Schlemmer exclusive, this white Christmas tree is enhanced
	by advanced fiber optic lighting technology.  Two light sources
	encased at the base of the tree project through revolving colored
	filters to separate optic fibers cabled evenly among the branches.
	The fiber cables end in 200 glittering lights, each containing a
	spectrum of eight colors that change continuously, for a vision of
	great warmth and brilliance.  No lights to strings.  Shipped assembled
	--just lower the branches.  Transformer uses standard outlet.
	Height: 6'.

	37814W .............................. Postpaid $6500.00

Geoff Goodfellow
Anterior Technology

cbcscmrs@csun.edu (10/21/89)

I heard from a friend that has one that he hooked up to his local net
that it causes massive problems with his routers.  After attaching a
$20,000 sniffer to his net he found that some illegally formatted packets
were coming from atnas.sualc.com.

In article <8910172205.AA23356@fernwood.MPK.CA.US> geoff@FERNWOOD.MPK.CA.US (the terminal of Geoff Goodfellow) writes:
|Does anyone have a FDDI interface and a TCP-IP driver for the Hammacher
|Schlemmer Fiber Optic Christmas Tree?  Could we have one on the Show and
|Tel-Net next year?  I quote from the recent catalog which arrived this
|morning's mail:
|
|	THE ONLY FIBER OPTIC CHRISTMAS TREE
|
|	A Hammacher Schlemmer exclusive, this white Christmas tree is enhanced
|	by advanced fiber optic lighting technology.  Two light sources
|	encased at the base of the tree project through revolving colored
|	filters to separate optic fibers cabled evenly among the branches.
|	The fiber cables end in 200 glittering lights, each containing a
|	spectrum of eight colors that change continuously, for a vision of
|	great warmth and brilliance.  No lights to strings.  Shipped assembled
|	--just lower the branches.  Transformer uses standard outlet.
|	Height: 6'.
|
|	37814W .............................. Postpaid $6500.00
|
|Geoff Goodfellow
|Anterior Technology

RACKLEY@MSSTATE.BITNET (Mike Rackley) (10/21/89)

You will probably want an SNMP agent also.

Mike Rackley                         |  Rackley@MsState.BITNET
Mgr. Systems & Networks Programming  |  Rackley@CC.MsState.EDU
P.O. Drawer CC                       |  Phone:   (601)325-2942
Mississippi State, MS 39762          |  FAX:     (601)325-3299

epsilon@wet.UUCP (Eric P. Scott) (10/23/89)

In article <8910172205.AA23356@fernwood.MPK.CA.US>
	geoff@FERNWOOD.MPK.CA.US (the terminal of Geoff Goodfellow) writes:
>Does anyone have a FDDI interface and a TCP-IP driver for the Hammacher
>Schlemmer Fiber Optic Christmas Tree?

Of course not, the HSFOCT uses an incompatible star topology.
The Fiber Optic Christmas Wreaths are another story entirely.

					-=EPS=-

wcs) (10/25/89)

]In article <8910172205.AA23356@fernwood.MPK.CA.US>
]	geoff@FERNWOOD.MPK.CA.US (the terminal of Geoff Goodfellow) writes:
]>Does anyone have a FDDI interface and a TCP-IP driver for the Hammacher
]>Schlemmer Fiber Optic Christmas Tree?
	Perhaps you should have crossposted to
	comp.protocols.tcp-ip.eniac?  They're good at finding things
	like this.
--
# Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 4M312 Holmdel NJ 201-949-0705 ho95c.att.com!wcs
# also 201-271-4712 tarpon.att.com!wcs Somerset 4C423 Corp.Pk 3 FAX 469-1355

#		.... counting stars by candlelight ....