[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] X windows source

chris@SALT.ACC.COM (Chris VandenBerg) (11/23/89)

Good afternoon,
		I know this is the wrong place to ask about where the MIT X11R4
stuff might be hiding but I'm hoping someone on this list might have a clue.
I think I've logged on to every machine at MIT and still no luck! Anyway, if
someone could point me in the right direction for the X11 stuff I would truly
appreciate it (:*)
			Thanks ever so much,
   __    _____   _____     Chris VandenBerg (chris@salt.acc.com)
  //\\  / ____\ / ____\    Advanced Computer Communications
 //__\\ ||_____ ||_____    720 Santa Barbara St.
// \___\\_____/ \_____/    Santa Barbara, CA 93101
                           (805) 963-9431

chris@wugate.wustl.edu (Chris Myers) (11/25/89)

In article <8911222307.AA28949@salt.acc.com> chris@SALT.ACC.COM (Chris VandenBerg) writes:
>Good afternoon,
>		I know this is the wrong place to ask about where the MIT X11R4
>stuff might be hiding but I'm hoping someone on this list might have a clue.
>I think I've logged on to every machine at MIT and still no luck! Anyway, if
>someone could point me in the right direction for the X11 stuff I would truly
>appreciate it (:*)

FTP to wuarchive.wustl.edu [128.252.135.4] and look in the directory
/packages/X.V11R3.  Wuarchive also has all of the comp.{sources,binaries}
groups, a large GIF archive, all of the GNU software, RFCs, IENs, and mirrors
on the MSDOS archives on SIMTEL20 and the INFO-MAC archives on sumex-aim...

The X11 stuff is compressed, tarred and split into 512K pieces.  There's a LOT
of it...

	336     /packages/X.V11R3/HC/Protocol
	674     /packages/X.V11R3/HC/Xlib
	1011    /packages/X.V11R3/HC
	10514   /packages/X.V11R3/contrib-1.src
	14754   /packages/X.V11R3/contrib-2.src
	11602   /packages/X.V11R3/core.src
	142     /packages/X.V11R3/fixes
	38112   /packages/X.V11R3
--
Chris Myers                                    Internet: chris@wugate.wustl.edu
Software Engineer                                  UUCP: ...!uunet!wugate!chris