[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] wanted : TLI interface with socket library

amf@bpe2.spix7.depr.bull.fr ( Anne-Marie FOUREL ) (12/21/89)

I will soon have to port applications using the TLI interface, but
our unix only has the socket interface for TCP/IP.

I'd like to know  :

1) if anybody has already met the problem and how it has been solved.

2) if anybody has written a version for TLI based on sockets.

Thanks for all hints !

krupczak@secola.Columbia.NCR.COM (Bobby Krupczak) (12/22/89)

In article <232@bull.bull.fr> amf@bpe2.spix7.depr.bull.fr ( Anne-Marie FOUREL ) writes:

>I will soon have to port applications using the TLI interface, but
>our unix only has the socket interface for TCP/IP.
>
>I'd like to know  :
>1) if anybody has already met the problem and how it has been solved.
>2) if anybody has written a version for TLI based on sockets.

NCR Unix machines run a Sys V kernel and therefore use TLI for their
transport drivers.  The implementation of BSD sockets available for them
is simply a library that makes TLI calls.  I cant give you the source, but
it shouldnt be to hard to write this "library".

Bobby

af@spix7.depr.bull.fr ( Anne-Marie FOUREL ) (12/27/89)

In article <465@secola.Columbia.NCR.COM> krupczak@secola.UUCP (Bobby Krupczak) writes:
     >NCR Unix machines run a Sys V kernel and therefore use TLI for their
     >transport drivers.  The implementation of BSD sockets available for them
     >is simply a library that makes TLI calls.  I cant give you the source, but
     >it shouldnt be to hard to write this "library".

This answer makes me think that my question was not clear enough, because
what you mention is exactly the opposite of what I'm looking for, ie an
implementation of TLI interface calling BSD sockets !