[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Sources for TCPIP.

dple@bii.UUCP (david levine) (01/05/90)

I would like to get some information on TCP/IP sources under MSDOS.
I have the sources that were released by Berkley but we are thinking
of implementing it on a system that has an OS that is more like MSDOS.

If anyone has any such information, please send it to me and I will
post the results.

David Levine

     ...         ...
    .    .     .    .	David Levine
    .     *   .     .	Software Engineer
     .      .      .
      .   .   .   .	Bruker Instruments Inc. USA
       . BRUKER .	Billerica, MA. 01821
      .   .   .  .
     .      .     .
    .     *  .     .	dple@bii.bruker.com		Internet
     ...        ...     ...!{uunet,ulowell}!bii!dple	UUCP

fischer@utower.gopas.sub.org (Axel Fischer) (01/09/90)

In bit.listserv.tcpip-l you write:

>I would like to get some information on TCP/IP sources under MSDOS.
>I have the sources that were released by Berkley but we are thinking
>of implementing it on a system that has an OS that is more like MSDOS.
>If anyone has any such information, please send it to me and I will
>post the results.

Get the KA9Q Sources, they are PD and written for MSDOS.
I've heard that the package works well.

-Axel
--
fischer@utower.gopas.sub.org / fischer@db0tui6.BITNET / fischer@tmpmbx.UUCP
Bang-Europe : ...!{doitcr,gopnbg,tmpmbx}!utower!fischer

clements@bbn.com (Bob Clements) (01/11/90)

In article <m0gl9Ll-0001UEC@utower.gopas.sub.org> fischer@utower.gopas.sub.org writes:
>Get the KA9Q Sources, they are PD and written for MSDOS.

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!

The KA9Q sources are NOT PD.
They are copyrighted, but are freely copyable for Amateur Radio and
educational institutions.  For other use, contact the author.

There are versions for MSDOS, Unix and a buncha other systems.

>-Axel
>--
>fischer@utower.gopas.sub.org / fischer@db0tui6.BITNET / fischer@tmpmbx.UUCP
>Bang-Europe : ...!{doitcr,gopnbg,tmpmbx}!utower!fischer
>Bang-USA    : ...!uunet!unido!gopnbg!utower!fischer

Bob Clements, K1BC, clements@bbn.com

[Sorry for the repetition of this info, but people keep repeating the
above falseness.  Sigh.]

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) (01/12/90)

In article <50714@bbn.COM> clements@BBN.COM (Bob Clements) writes:
|In article <m0gl9Ll-0001UEC@utower.gopas.sub.org> fischer@utower.gopas.sub.org writes:
|>Get the KA9Q Sources, they are PD and written for MSDOS.
|
|NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!
|
|The KA9Q sources are NOT PD.
|They are copyrighted, but are freely copyable for Amateur Radio and
|educational institutions.  For other use, contact the author.
|
|There are versions for MSDOS, Unix and a buncha other systems.

	I wonder if the Unix version will support
	BSD-type socket interface?

--
  \\\\	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ont.
w \66/	 Internet: bdb@becker.UUCP, bruce@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu