[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Looking for PC Telnet with printer port support

sbbur@CONNCOLL.BITNET (02/14/90)

Does anyone know of a PC Telnet implementation with vt100 terminal emulation
that supports printing to a local printer via auto-print mode?

We're currently running NCSA Telnet 2.2.  Although it does support a
"capture file", it doesn't seem to support a local printer.

Thanks.

Scott Burdick                   BITNET:  sbbur@conncoll
Connecticut College
New London, CT  06320
(203) 447-7516

emv@MATH.LSA.UMICH.EDU (02/15/90)

A solution (not necessarily the one you want) --

run an int14 redirector like TNGLASS from FTP Software, and
use MS-Kermit v3.0 on top of it.  It supports the VT102
escape sequences that shove stuff to the locally attached
printer.

Costs $$$, I haven't seen a free int14 redirector yet.

Might also ask in PCIP, aka comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc.

--Ed

andrew@dgbt.uucp (Andrew Patrick DGBT/DBR) (02/21/90)

In article <9002131739.AA19969@mvax.CC.CONNCOLL.EDU> sbbur@CONNCOLL.BITNET writes:
>Does anyone know of a PC Telnet implementation with vt100 terminal emulation
>that supports printing to a local printer via auto-print mode?
>
>We're currently running NCSA Telnet 2.2.  Although it does support a
>"capture file", it doesn't seem to support a local printer.

Try setting your capture file to PRN.  This works fine with the 2.2D
version that uses the Clarkson Packet Drivers.