[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Anyone know an online source of IEN documents

colin@tenset.UUCP (Colin Manning) (02/22/90)

Does anyone know where I can obtain on-line copies of IEN specs.

Or failing that, a postal address.

Thanks in advance,
- Colin

| colin@tenset.uucp or        | Post: Tenset Technologies Limited,    |
|  ..!ukc!acorn!tenset!colin  |       Norfolk House,                  |
| Phone: +44 223 328886       |       301 Histon Road,                |
| Fax:   +44 223 460929       |       Cambridge CB4 3NF, UK.          |

SOL@NIC.DDN.MIL (Sol Lederman) (02/23/90)

Colin,

The IEN documents are available on the NIC.DDN.MIL host in the IEN: directory.
To get an IEN by e-mail, send a message to SERVICE@NIC.DDN.MIL and in the
subject line put the string    IEN x    where x is the number of the IEN you
want. You can only request one IEN per message.

To get an IEN index put the string    IEN INDEX    in the subject line.

-Sol/NIC
-------

news@haddock.ima.isc.com (overhead) (02/23/90)

In article <294@tenset.UUCP> colin@tenset.UUCP (Colin Manning) writes:

>Does anyone know where I can obtain on-line copies of IEN specs.

They are available via anonymous FTP from nic.ddn.mil, in the same way
as RFCs.  They may also be available from service@nic.ddn.mil via
email.  Use IEN INDEX as your subject.

Jim