[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] tn3270 for Apollo or RT?

C0022@UMRVMB.UMR.EDU ("O'Brennan, Gerry") (02/27/90)

On Mon, 26 Feb 90 14:45:05 CST David W. Dearth, Director said:
>Did we ever find TN3270 for the Apollos? I wonder if this guy did.

>Does anyone know of a source for tn3270 for an Apollo Domain 3000 or 3500
>or for an IBM RT running AIX 2.2.1?  I can download via anonymous ftp.
>Please reply by mail to rhh@brownvm.brown.edu.  Thanks.
>                                           --Bob

Richard has the source, but so far has not been able to get it to work on
the Apollos. He has one more trick up his sleeve. We will let you know if
we have success.

Gerry
Acknowledge-To: <C0022@UMRVMB>

kdb@cscraz.ncsu.edu (Kevin D. Bond) (03/01/90)

I have a version of tn3270 that runs on the Apollo.

Anyone that is interested can send me mail.  If there is enough interest
I can probably make it available by anonymous ftp.

-kevin
--
kdb@cscrazcsu.edu
kdb%sas.uucp@mcnc.org

C0022@UMRVMB.UMR.EDU ("O'Brennan, Gerry") (03/05/90)

On Sun, 04 Mar 90 14:12:54 CST Mike Castle said:
>I *believe* that you are one of the people involved in maintenance of the
>Apollo systems (I don't have my docs with me, but your name looks awfully
>familiar).  I thought that you might be interested in this.  I just saw
>this posting on a TCP/IP discussion list via LISTSERV.

>*   Mike Castle  *  Life is like a clock:  You can work    *
>*      Nexus     *  constantly and be right all the time,  *
>* S087891@UMRVMA *  or not work at all and be right at     *
>*                *  least twice a day.                     *

Yeah, I saw the same thing. I plan on checking into it, but I believe that
this is for the 9.7 OS of Apollo (which we have running) and we need one that
will run under SR10. We have taken the source and beat it to a pulp on SR10
and it won't process the keyboard. Hopefully, Kevin's answer IS for SR10.

Thank you for the information...

Gerry O'Brennan
Acknowledge-To: <C0022@UMRVMB>

kdb@cscraz.ncsu.edu (Kevin D. Bond) (03/06/90)

C0022@UMRVMB.UMR.EDU ("O'Brennan, Gerry") writes:

>Yeah, I saw the same thing. I plan on checking into it, but I believe that
>this is for the 9.7 OS of Apollo (which we have running) and we need one that
>will run under SR10. We have taken the source and beat it to a pulp on SR10
>and it won't process the keyboard. Hopefully, Kevin's answer IS for SR10.

>Thank you for the information...

>Gerry O'Brennan
>Acknowledge-To: <C0022@UMRVMB>

Yes, my version works just fine under SR10.  I am trying to find some place
to make it available for anonymous ftp.  I will make it available for
anonymous uucp soon as well.  For anyone that has an immediate need, I can
make binaries for SR9.7 or SR10.2 and mail them to people.

-kevin
--
kdb@cscraz.ncsu.edu
kdb%sas.uucp@mcnc.org