[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] tn3270 daemon?

hughes@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (larry hughes) (05/25/90)

Does anyone know of a tn3270 daemon, somewhat of a hybrid between
telnetd and (reverse) tn3270?  I'm fairly certain there's no such
animal, but if there is we'd have a good use for it.

Please respond via email...thanks in advance.

 //=========================================================================\\
||       Larry J. Hughes, Jr.        ||        hughes@ucs.indiana.edu        ||
||        Indiana University         ||                                      ||
||   University Computing Services   ||   "The person who knows everything   ||
||    750 N. State Road 46 Bypass    ||      has a lot to learn."            ||
||      Bloomington, IN  47405       ||                                      ||
||         (812) 855-9255            ||   Disclaimer: Same as my quote...    ||
 \\==========================================================================//

HATHAWA@gecrdvm1.crd.ge.com (Barry Hathaway) (05/26/90)

In article <45793@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, hughes@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (larry
hughes) says:

>Does anyone know of a tn3270 daemon, somewhat of a hybrid between
>telnetd and (reverse) tn3270?  I'm fairly certain there's no such
>animal, but if there is we'd have a good use for it.

Many TCP/IP packages for IBM mainframes offer terminal emulation on the host
side - which I guess could be called a tn3270 daemon. Fibronics (aka Sparticus)
KNET package has this as an option.  Simware offers SIM/TCPIP an add-on to
IBM's TCP/IP package which does terminal emulation.

hughes@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (larry hughes) (06/01/90)

In article <90145.140551HATHAWA@gecrdvm1.crd.ge.com> HATHAWA@gecrdvm1.crd.ge.com (Barry Hathaway) writes:
>In article <45793@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu>, hughes@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (larry
>hughes) says:
>>
>>Does anyone know of a tn3270 daemon, somewhat of a hybrid between
>>telnetd and (reverse) tn3270?  I'm fairly certain there's no such
>>animal, but if there is we'd have a good use for it.
>>
>Many TCP/IP packages for IBM mainframes offer terminal emulation on the host
>side - which I guess could be called a tn3270 daemon. Fibronics (aka Sparticus)
>KNET package has this as an option.  Simware offers SIM/TCPIP an add-on to
>IBM's TCP/IP package which does terminal emulation.

Yes, thanks for the information, but I was aware of these.  My question
still stands in spite of them!  Thanks, and I request further responses...