[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Please not yet again

farber@pcpond.cis.upenn.edu. (David J. Farber) (06/11/90)

While I know it will not help to stop the religious wars, please take a peek at
the report produced by the Board on telecommunications and Computer
Applications of the National Research Council dated 1985 (work started
in 1983) titled:

Transport Protocols for the DOD Data Networks -- report to the DoD and the NBS

it compared TP/4 and TCP.

Dave

David Farber; Prof. of CIS and EE, U of Penn, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6389 Tele:
215-898-9508(off); 215-274-8292 (home); FAX: 215-274-8293;  Cellular:  302-740-
1198 "The fundamental principle of science, the definition almost, is this: the
sole test of the validity of any idea is experiment." -- R. P. Feynman

ihsan@ficc.ferranti.com (jaleel ihsan) (06/13/90)

In article <25880@netnews.upenn.edu>, farber@pcpond.cis.upenn.edu. (David J. Farber) writes:
> While I know it will not help to stop the religious wars, please take a peek at
> the report produced by the Board on telecommunications and Computer
> Applications of the National Research Council dated 1985 (work started
> in 1983) titled:
>
> Transport Protocols for the DOD Data Networks -- report to the DoD and the NBS
> it compared TP/4 and TCP.
>
> Dave

How can I get a copy, preferably electronic.

Jaleel