[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Internet Connectivity Maps wanted

tep@tots.Logicon.COM (06/27/90)

IAC DO WISH-LIST

I would like to find some "maps" that show the connectivity of (at
least) the class-A and/or major regional Internets.

Networks as nodes and gateways as arcs would be sufficient, although
geographical information would be useful as well.

Ideally, these would be similar to the (Postscript) maps available via
usenet that show the major backbone sites and news flows.

Also, is there a list of the major regional Internets (e.g. CERFnet,
NEARnet) that defines their service areas?

Thanks,
Tom Perrine (tep)                       |Internet: tep@tots.Logicon.COM
Logicon                                 |UUCP: nosc!hamachi!tots!tep
Tactical and Training Systems Division  |-or-  sun!suntan!tots!tep
San Diego CA                            |GENIE: T.PERRINE
"Harried: with preschoolers"            |+1 619 455 1330
Home of the _Tower Operator Training System_ as seen in the SunTech Journal.

pushp@nic.cerf.net (Pushpendra Mohta) (06/27/90)

In article <9006270004.AA23106@heinlein.tots.uucp> tep@tots.Logicon.COM writes:
>IAC DO WISH-LIST
>
>I would like to find some "maps" that show the connectivity of (at
>least) the class-A and/or major regional Internets.
>Networks as nodes and gateways as arcs would be sufficient, although
>geographical information would be useful as well.
>Ideally, these would be similar to the (Postscript) maps available via
>usenet that show the major backbone sites and news flows.
>Also, is there a list of the major regional Internets (e.g. CERFnet,
>NEARnet) that defines their service areas?
>
>Thanks,
>Tom Perrine (tep)                       |Internet: tep@tots.Logicon.COM

A postscript map of the logical connectivity of
CERFNet is available by anonymous ftp from
nic.cerf.net in the file ~ftp/cerfnet/cerfnet_info/topology.ps

Look around in the same directory  for other information
If you dont have access to ftp drop a note to help@cerf.net

Maps of many regionals are also available
by anonymous ftp from nic.merit.edu in the ~ftp/maps
directory.

Pushpendra Mohta
CERFNet
(California Education and Research Federation Network)
P.O.Box 85608, San Diego , CA 92186-9784
(619) 534-5056