[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] How to get RFC documents

09998WAS%MSU@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU ("Bill.Simpson") (07/21/90)

R Kevin Oberman writes:
> Please be polite and enter your real ID if that's what is asked for.

I can't speak about NIC.DDN.MIL, but the other site Jon mentioned,
NIS.NSF.NET, *requires* the use of guest as a password for anonymous.
Otherwise, it won't let you on.  This is quite disconcerting for those
of us who may type ahead the anonymous login sequence.  Presumably the
IBM they use has !@#$% software that is not configurable.  It certainly
has a *terrible* implementation of TCP/IP.

Bill Simpson
  09998was@ibm.cl.msu.edu

cpw%snow-white@LANL.GOV (C. Philip Wood) (07/21/90)

> the IBM they use has !@#$% software that is not configurable.  It certainly
> has a *terrible* implementation of TCP/IP.

I haven't any kind words for them either.  It might be disconcerting for
you.  It just plain pisses me off!  I go to the trouble of identifying
myself and !@#$%.  Geez!, what's the use.  Oh well, the Internet is on
the way out,  OSI is on the way in.  I'll be dead.

pHil