[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] TCP/IP on Packet Radio

tommy@sfd.uit.no (Tommy Johansen) (07/19/90)

We are currently working with TCP/IP on Packet Radio. Our goal is to run
TCP/IP from one Ethernet to another with as high speed as possible. At the
moment we are able to communicate at 2400 baud. My questions are as follow:

            Is it possible to run at 64 kb speed?
            What kind of experience has bin ganed from simulare work?
            Who delivers HW and SW?
            Is there anybody out there doing the same thing?

I'm interesting in anything witch has to do with TCP/IP on Packet Radio.
--
| Tommy Johansen                        | E-mail: tommy@tommy.uit.no          |
| University of Tromsoe,                | FAX   : +47 83 55418                |

wwm@pmsmam.uucp (Bill Meahan) (07/20/90)

In article <1990Jul19.101009.5902@hod.uit.no> tommy@sfd.uit.no (Tommy Johansen) writes:
>We are currently working with TCP/IP on Packet Radio. Our goal is to run
>TCP/IP from one Ethernet to another with as high speed as possible. At the
>moment we are able to communicate at 2400 baud. My questions are as follow:
>
>            Is it possible to run at 64 kb speed?
>            What kind of experience has bin ganed from simulare work?
>            Who delivers HW and SW?
>            Is there anybody out there doing the same thing?
>
>I'm interesting in anything witch has to do with TCP/IP on Packet Radio.
>--
>| Tommy Johansen                        | E-mail: tommy@tommy.uit.no          |
>| University of Tromsoe,                | FAX   : +47 83 55418                |
>| N-9000 Tromsoe                        | Tlf. work: +47 83 55419             |
>| NORWAY                                | Tlf. priv: +47 83 73958             |

Try checking into rec.ham-radio.packet.  There is much discussion of various
high-speed transmission schemes.  Currently, there are good, working 56KB
speed schemes.  Some enterprising types have gotten 2Mb on microwave.
Our local Packet interest group is developing 9600b units based on available
FAX modems.

You might also contact bdale@col.hp.com - he REALLY has his finger on the
pulse of Packet hardware!

--
Bill Meahan  WA8TZG		uunet!mailrus!umich!pmsmam!wwm
I don't speak for Ford - the PR department does that!

Any attempt at wit is liable to offend _somebody_!

kevinr@moe.Tandem.COM (Kevin J. Rowett) (07/22/90)

In article <1990Jul20.123843.11703@pmsmam.uucp>, wwm@pmsmam.uucp (Bill
Meahan) writes:
|> speed schemes.  Some enterprising types have gotten 2Mb on microwave.

Someone Ring?

N6RCE