[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Tahoe/Reno naming conventions

barrey@ka.excelan.com (Barrey Jewall) (08/02/90)

In article <1368@necis.UUCP> adamm@necis.UUCP (Adam S. Moskowitz) writes:
>In article <16330@ucsd.Edu>, brian@ucsd.Edu (Brian Kantor) wrote:
>} In article <9007271758.AA13923@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>
>J.Crowcroft@CS.UCL.AC.UK (Jon Crowcroft) writes:

>} I'm told that the newer one is called 'Reno' because running it is
>} taking a real gamble.  Snicker.

>The story, as I heard it from the nameless gradual student who claims to have
>though of the name "4.3-Reno" (and a slightly inebriated but reliable BSD
>hacker verified this), was that it's all a joke. Reno is the next town north
>of Tahoe on I-80 hence the name.

>AdamM

Like it matters, anyway, but...

I-80 Doesn't go to Tahoe, but US Hwy 50 does...

We now return you to your regular newsgroup content.

Barrey

+  San Francisco Giants -  5 1/2  Games Back and Gaining !!      +
+					Hummmm Baby!!!           +
+ Barrey Jewall                 ++ "My opinions are my opinions" +
+ barrey@novell.com	        ++ (rather self-evident, eh?)    +
+ Novell, Inc.- San Jose, Calif.++				 +