[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] ethernet addr listing

jbaltz@cunixe.cc.columbia.edu (Jerry B. Altzman) (08/03/90)

(excuse the novitiate)

From where can I get a listing of what ethernet-address headers mean which
manufacuturer, machine type, &c?

Respond by mail, I'll post sources if asked.

Thanks!

//jbaltz
--
jerry b. altzman  "I didn't do it, and when I did I wasn't"      212 854 8058
jbaltz@columbia.edu   "there, and you deserved it."      jauus@cuvmb (bitnet)
NEVIS::jbaltz (HEPNET)                    ...!rutgers!columbia!jbaltz (bang!)

postel@VENERA.ISI.EDU (08/04/90)

See pages 38-40 of RFC-1060.

	Date: 2 Aug 90 17:39:15 GMT
	From: cunixf.cc.columbia.edu!cunixe.cc.columbia.edu!jbaltz@rutgers.edu 	(Jerry B. Altzman)
	Subject: ethernet addr listing
	To: tcp-ip@nic.ddn.mil

	(excuse the novitiate)

	From where can I get a listing of what ethernet-address headers
	mean which manufacuturer, machine type, &c?

In article <9008040018.AA26630@bel.isi.edu> postel@VENERA.ISI.EDU writes:
>	From where can I get a listing of what ethernet-address headers
>	mean which manufacuturer, machine type, &c?
>
>See pages 38-40 of RFC-1060.

Note that the RFC1060 tables are, as I understand it, based on observation
rather than access to the IEEE database.  Unless things have changed lately,
the actual database is considered confidential and is not available.  So
you can't get a complete and authoritative listing.
--
The 486 is to a modern CPU as a Jules  | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
Verne reprint is to a modern SF novel. |  henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry