[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] 10BaseT

CAPUANO%ICNUCEVM.CNUCE.CNR.IT@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU ("Vincenzo G. Capuano") (08/10/90)

Hi,
I am looking for Twisted Pair Ethernet hardware products. I would like
to know the name of the companies that sell these products, and also
I would like to know if the SynOptics Model 2530 is a 10BaseT multiport.

Thanks,
Vincenzo G. Capuano

capuano@icnucevm.cnuce.cnr.it

oberman@rogue.llnl.gov (08/10/90)

In article <9008100012.AA17850@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, CAPUANO%ICNUCEVM.CNUCE.CNR.IT@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU ("Vincenzo G. Capuano") writes:

> I am looking for Twisted Pair Ethernet hardware products. I would like
> to know the name of the companies that sell these products, and also
> I would like to know if the SynOptics Model 2530 is a 10BaseT multiport.

The 2530 is the old LattisNet and is not 10BaseT. Synoptics has not yet
announced any similar 10BaseT product, but they tell us that it's coming soon.
(Is soon next month or next decade? I don't know.)

Synoptics and Cabletron make 10BaseT products which we have found perform well,
but I'm sure that there are many others.

					R. Kevin Oberman
					Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
					Internet: oberman@icdc.llnl.gov
   					(415) 422-6955

Disclaimer: Don't take this too seriously. I just like to improve my typing
and probably don't really know anything useful about anything.

petej@ssg0.pharmacia.com (Peter M. Jansson) (08/13/90)

According to a local distributor here, SynOptics offers a model 3030
10BaseT chassis, 3333 Retimer, and 3308 10BaseT host adapter (12 ports)
now.  There is no product like the 2530 (integral concentrator) at this
time for 10BaseT.  HP recently began advertising something called an
EtherTwist 10BaseT concentrator; I called for the information and got
content-free glossies, with instructions on obtaining the name of my local
dealer.