[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] WIN/TCP's LPD and Fortran Files

TANNERC@CRL.AECL.CA (08/22/90)

I am testing out the LPD option of WIN/TCP vs 5.1 on a VAX (VMS 5.3). One
of the client machines is a Control Data Cyber 990 running NOS/VE. We would
like to pass files using Fortran Carriage Control characters (in column 1)
to printers on the VAX.

Does a

TANNERC@CRL.AECL.CA (08/22/90)

1. Please excuse my previous incomplete message. I pressed the wrong key.

2. I am testing the LPD option of WIN/TCP vs 5.1 on a VAX (VMS 5.3) and
it appears to be working well. One if its clients is a Control Data Cyber
990 running NOS/VE. We would like to pass files using Fortran Carriage Control
Characters from this machine to printers on the VAX (using the -f option
on the lpr command).

It appears as if the WIN/TCP LPD does not recognize this parameter. Has anybody
run into this, and is their a suitable work around?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris Tanner                    Tannerc@crl.aecl.ca
AECL-Chalk River

palter@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Bill Palter) (08/24/90)

In article <46D0FB332D7F204855@CRL.AECL.CA>, TANNERC@CRL.AECL.CA writes:
> 1. Please excuse my previous incomplete message. I pressed the wrong key.
>
> 2. I am testing the LPD option of WIN/TCP vs 5.1 on a VAX (VMS 5.3) and
> it appears to be working well. One if its clients is a Control Data Cyber
> 990 running NOS/VE. We would like to pass files using Fortran Carriage
Control
> Characters from this machine to printers on the VAX (using the -f
option
> on the lpr command).
>
> It appears as if the WIN/TCP LPD does not recognize this parameter.
Has anybody
> run into this, and is their a suitable work around?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> Chris Tanner                    Tannerc@crl.aecl.ca
> AECL-Chalk River

	The current release does not support fortran charrage control files,
 the next release should support them.

Bill Palter
Palter@twg.com
The Wollongong Group