[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] KA9Q by Bdale Garbee

CLEBER%SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR@UICVM.UIC.EDU (08/28/90)

    Could anyone tell me if KA9Q Internet Software Package source
code is available. If yes, what's the places that i can get it
by FTP.
    Thanks in advance,
    Cleber Weishheimer.

chris@wuarchive.wustl.edu (Chris Myers) (08/28/90)

CLEBER%SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR@UICVM.UIC.EDU writes:

>    Could anyone tell me if KA9Q Internet Software Package source
>code is available. If yes, what's the places that i can get it
>by FTP.
>    Thanks in advance,
>    Cleber Weishheimer.

The KA9Q package is available for anonymous FTP from wuarchive.wustl.edu
[128.252.135.4] in the directory /mirrors/misc/ka9q-tcpip.

Chris Myers
Archive Maintainer
--
Chris Myers                                Internet: chris@wugate.wustl.edu
Software Engineer                              UUCP: ...!uunet!wugate!chris

vtcqa@shamash.cdc.com (Jeff Comstock) (09/02/90)

In article <9008280020.AA17723@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> CLEBER%SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR@UICVM.UIC.EDU writes:

>    Could anyone tell me if KA9Q Internet Software Package source
>code is available. If yes, what's the places that i can get it
>by FTP.
>    Thanks in advance,
>    Cleber Weishheimer.

Although Bdale Garbee is a contributor to the KA9Q package, KA9Q is
actually Dr. Phil Karn.  Bdale is N3EUA.  Anyway,  the latest bits from
Phil (KA9Q) are on thumper.bellcore.com in the directory pub/ka9q/nos .
You will also find a reference manual there.  Thumper is the machine
that Phil puts his latest source and exe files.  In case you don't
know what N3EUA and KA9Q mean, they are amateur radio callsigns. The
primary purpose of the KA9Q package is to allow radio amateurs to
network computers via packet radio.

Jeff Comstock - NR0D