From sschultz@wellfleet.com Thu Sep  6 15:08:47 1990
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 90 14:54:18 EDT
From: Sheryl Schultz <sschultz@wellfleet.com>
To: sob@harvisr, ssking@mcimail.com
Subject: Performance Testing Alliance

Scott,
I'm not familiar with Internet mail etiquette, but would like to somehow let
the Internet know about the Performance Testing Alliance meeting that will
take place on Tuesday at NETWORLD.  I've been in touch with Steve King
and have drafted the following Media Alert which has been released to the
technical trade press and such....can you forward this on the appropriate
mailing lists?
Thanks,  Sheryl Schultz

NETWORLD 90

NETWORKING INDUSTRY TO CONVERGE ON ISSUE OF

PERFORMANCE TESTING STANDARDS AT NETWORLD 90

THE EVENT:	The inaugural meeting of the Performance Testing Alliance,
	PTA, a major effort on the part of end-users, vendors and the
	technical press to establish an open body of public-domain test
	methodologies, similar to those developed for the workstation and
	CPU industries.

	The PTA will focus on the LAN industry's critical need for standardized
	benchmarks for testing network interface cards, bridges/routers, network
	applications software, and network operating systems.

	The first PTA meeting will have two segments: the first hour will
	feature strategic presentations by top industry players whose jobs
	depend on performance-related issues. The second hour will be
	conducted as a "Town Meeting" where long and short term goals will
	be established for the PTA.

WHEN:	Tuesday, September 11th, 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.

WHERE:	NETWORLD, Dallas, TX, Ballroom D

PARTICIPANTS:	Banyan Systems, cisco Systems, Compaq Computer, Data
	Communications, Gannet Inc., Harvard University, IBM Corporation, LAN
	Magazine, LanQuest Labs, Lone Star Evaluation Labs, Madge Networks,
	Novell Inc., PC Week, Proteon, 3COM Corp., and Wellfleet
	Communications, among others.

For Additional Information:

Sheryl Schultz, SRS Associates 		617-873-2479
Annie Scully, NETWORLD			201-569-8542 (X145)