[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Can I use the Berkeley lp protocol for remote DOS prints fromCOM1?

freedman@math2.math.temple.edu (Avi Freedman) (10/10/90)

I've got NCSA telnet configured and printing remotely off of a Sun, but
is there any commercial/pd program out there which lets me trap what goes
to com1/com2/prn from an application?  (I've got an application which
can't print to a file).  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

	- Avi

R17G@UNB.CA (R17G000) (10/12/90)

> I've got NCSA telnet configured and printing remotely off of a Sun, but
> is there any commercial/pd program out there which lets me trap what goes
> to com1/com2/prn from an application?  (I've got an application which
> can't print to a file).  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
>
> 	- Avi

Could you please post your findings to the list if applicable or forward
them to me at R17G@UNB.CA ?

Thanks in advance.
---------------------------------------------------------------+
Abdulaziz Al-Zoman             |          R17G@UNB             +
Faculty of Computer Science    |            -or-               |
University of New Brunswick    |          r17g@unb.ca          +
F'ton, N.B                     |            -or-               |
CANADA   E3B 5A3               |          r17g@unb.bitnet      +
---------------------------------------------------------------+

alan@ernest.ti.com (Alan Edmonds) (10/16/90)

In article <ID3364.D901012.T084058.R17G@UNB.CA> R17G@UNB.CA (R17G000) writes:
>> I've got NCSA telnet configured and printing remotely off of a Sun, but
>> is there any commercial/pd program out there which lets me trap what goes
>> to com1/com2/prn from an application?  (I've got an application which
>> can't print to a file).  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> 	- Avi
>
>Could you please post your findings to the list if applicable or forward
>them to me at R17G@UNB.CA ?

Me too.
--
Alan Edmonds                                     Texas Instruments, Inc.
My opinions are only my own.                     M/S 8513