[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] NCSA Telnet question

ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) (11/05/90)

I can't seem to get Telnet, FTP, or TN3270 to find my config.tel file.
I've set an environment variable CONFIGTEL to point to this file (as
mentioned in the docs), but the programs still can't find it.  Is the
environment variable different?

Eric

e85rw@efd.lth.se (Ricard Wolf) (11/05/90)

In article <16367@hydra.gatech.EDU> ce1zzes@prism.gatech.EDU (Eric Sheppard) writes:
>I can't seem to get Telnet, FTP, or TN3270 to find my config.tel file.
>I've set an environment variable CONFIGTEL to point to this file (as
>mentioned in the docs), but the programs still can't find it.  Is the
>environment variable different?

I have a .bat file containing the line:
d:\ncsa\telbin -h d:\ncsa\config.tel %1 %2 %3 %4 %5

( I don't remember why it looks like this - it was some time ago since I
installed it.)
The version inquestion is 2.2DSb, but don't take the version letters too
seriously; it's been modified for use with Swedish national characters.
The basic program is the same though...

--
Ricard Wolf

+--------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| Ricard Wolf              | Lund Institute of Technology        |
| email: e85rw@efd.lth.se  | If you can't buy 'em - build 'em !! |
+--------------------------+-------------------------------------+

eljazzar@utkux1.utk.edu (Mohamad El Jazzar) (11/12/90)

>I can't seem to get Telnet, FTP, or TN3270 to find my config.tel file.
>I've set an environment variable CONFIGTEL to point to this file (as
>mentioned in the docs), but the programs still can't find it.  Is the
>environment variable different?
>
>Eric

Try this:

  SET CONFIG.TEL=path-to-your-config.tel  (not CONFIGTEL)

It seems that this is a bug (feature?) in NCSA Telnet.

Mohamad