[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] 3270 emulation for SCO tcp/ip

mcitron@phad.hsc.usc.edu (Mark Citron) (11/18/90)

I posted this a while ago and got no responses but many requests for
any info I might receive so I am posting again.

Is there an IBM 3270 front end emulator for SCO tcp/ip for Unix?
We want to do a 3270 emulation with telnet.

Thanks for any help,
Mark Citron
mark@neurosci.usc.edi

root@hvli.UUCP (System Administrator) (12/04/90)

In article <28214@usc>, mcitron@phad.hsc.usc.edu (Mark Citron) writes:

> Is there an IBM 3270 front end emulator for SCO tcp/ip for Unix?
> We want to do a 3270 emulation with telnet.

We at the Zeeland Polytechnic are planning to buy the SCO-TCP/IP package
for our 386 system running SCO Xenix 386 rel 2.3.
This system will be serving as the central mailer/postoffice system for our
organisation, so the "server" or "host" specific applications must be
present (like inetd, ftpd, telnetd, smtpd etc.) so that it will be possible
to login to the 386 system over our local internet (ethernet), and use the
ftp and smtp protocols to the 386 system as a server.

So far, I haven't been able to find (in the product-sheets of SCO-TCP/IP)
wether or not the server applications are included and/or supported in
that package, and with our system.

Can anybody shine some light on this ?

Thanks in advance.
Eddy van Loo
--
root@hvli.UUCP			Eddy van Loo, System Administrator
...hp4nl!afa!hvli!root		Zeeland Polytechnic, Flushing NL.