[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Looking for copy of 12/5/90 gov't computer security report...

JAFFE@SSCNET.SSC.GOV (12/06/90)

Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of the computer security report
presented in Washington D.C. on 12/5/90?

Thanks in advance.

Mike Jaffe
Superconducting Super Collider Laboratory

davy@erg.sri.com (David Curry) (12/08/90)

In article <901206092226.18e2@SSCNET.SSC.GOV> JAFFE@SSCNET.SSC.GOV writes:

>Does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of the computer security report
>presented in Washington D.C. on 12/5/90?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Mike Jaffe
>Superconducting Super Collider Laboratory

Call the National Academy Press (the publishing arm of the National
Research Council, National Academy of Sciences, etc.) at

	1-800-624-6242

The publication is entitled "Computers at Risk".  It's $19.95 plus
$2.00 shipping.  They'll take credit cards over the phone, or you
can send a check or purchase order.

I just ordered mine; they say the book will be in Wednesday (12/12)
and will ship UPS ground.

Dave Curry
SRI International

enger@seka.scc.com (Robert M. Enger) (12/09/90)

Does anyone else find it discouraging that the gov't computer security report
can't be obtained on-line across the gov't sponsored computer network?

Bob Enger
Contel Federal Systems