[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Packet driver for Western Digital's WD8013EBT card

c145gmk@utarlg.utarl.edu (GORDON KEEGAN) (12/05/90)

Has anyone written or seen a packet driver for this ethernet card?
I've already checked the clarkson and simtel ftp sites, to no avail.
Reply by e-mail and I'll summarize.  Thanks!

|  Gordon Keegan                    ||   Bitnet  : c145gmk@utarlg           |
|  Systems Programmer               ||   THEnet  : UTARLG::C145GMK          |
|  Academic Computing Services      ||   Internet: c145gmk@utarlg.utarl.edu |
|  University of Texas, Arlington   ||   AT&TNet : 817-273-2208             |
|  It's all in the reflexes.   Jack Burton, Big Trouble in Little China     |

c145gmk@utarlg.utarl.edu (GORDON KEEGAN) (12/12/90)

In article <10661@helios.TAMU.EDU>, c145gmk@utarlg.utarl.edu (GORDON KEEGAN) writes...

>Has anyone written or seen a packet driver for this ethernet card?
>I've already checked the clarkson and simtel ftp sites, to no avail.
>Reply by e-mail and I'll summarize.  Thanks!

	Well, the summary is that the packet driver for the 8003
	card will work for the 8013 card as well, using 8 bits
	instead of the full 16.  WD is supposedly working on a
	driver that will run all of the cards to their full
	capability.  We'll just have to wait 'n' see.

In article <10814@helios.TAMU.EDU> c145gmk@utarlg.utarl.edu (GORDON KEEGAN) writes:

   In article <10661@helios.TAMU.EDU>, c145gmk@utarlg.utarl.edu (GORDON KEEGAN) writes...

   >Has anyone written or seen a packet driver for this ethernet card?
   >I've already checked the clarkson and simtel ftp sites, to no avail.
   >Reply by e-mail and I'll summarize.  Thanks!

   	Well, the summary is that the packet driver for the 8003
   	card will work for the 8013 card as well, using 8 bits
   	instead of the full 16.

No, the 7.x packet driver for the wd8003e runs it in 16-bit mode.

--
--russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])  FAX 315-268-7600
It's better to get mugged than to live a life of fear -- Freeman Dyson