[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Code from Stevens' book

brown@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com (Kevin Brown) (12/17/90)

 just got a great book called "UNIX Network Programming," by Stevens.
There are lots of interesting routines and code fragments in the book.
Does anyone know if they are available somewhere on the net? I'm trying
to avoid the typing.

Thanks
Kevin Brown
Boise Printer Division
Hewlett Packard
brown@hpbsm15.boi.hp.com

rstevens@noao.edu (Rich Stevens) (12/17/90)

In article <15400001@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com> brown@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com (Kevin Brown) writes:

>There are lots of interesting routines and code fragments in the book.

They're all at uunet.uu.net: pub/netprog.tar.Z

	Rich Stevens

brown@hpdmd48.boi.hp.com (Kevin Brown) (12/17/90)

The author, Rich Stevens, replied to my query for the source code from
his book. It is available from uunet.uu.net: pub/netprog.tar.Z
I went and got it without any trouble. It extracts from tar into nicely
organized subdirectories to make it easy to pick out the pieces you need.

Kevin Brown

craig@SICS.SE (Craig Partridge) (12/21/90)

writes:

> just got a great book called "UNIX Network Programming," by Stevens.
>There are lots of interesting routines and code fragments in the book.
>Does anyone know if they are available somewhere on the net? I'm trying

One caution about the code -- the error handling tends to be pretty simple.
Rich was interested in illustrating the basic techniques and avoided getting
into deep error handling issues -- as a result, some of the code is probably
not production quality...

Craig