[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] What ever happened to IEN-193 ????

shri@ncst.ernet.in (H.Shrikumar) (01/02/91)

Hi everybody ... and wishing all a great new decade !

    Does anybody know what happened to IEN-193 ...

}} ien-193	Timer-Based Mechanisms in Reliable Transport
}}                 Protocol Connection Management

    nic is missing this one, and (hence) so are all major caches !!

The mechanism itself enjoys a section in Tennenbaum, so I dont suppose
this one died a natural death. So what happened to the publication?

 Or does anybody know any other reference with this work (ftp, or journal)?

Please E-mail ... all pointers appreciated!
I need this info very urgently ... thanx in advance for all help!!

-- shrikumar ( shri@ncst.in )

postel@VENERA.ISI.EDU (01/03/91)

Hi.

IEN-193 is a reprint of a paper by Dick Watson published in the
North-Holland journal "Computer Networks" vol-5, no-1 in Feb 1981.

--jon.

   From tcp-ip-RELAY@NIC.DDN.MIL Wed Jan  2 17:44:42 1991