[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] Terminal Servers supporting TN3270

drubin@polyof.poly.edu (A1 dave rubin (single) ) (01/16/91)

I am looking to purchase a terminal server that supports tn3270 for
connecting to IBM Mainframes.  Do any such servers exist?  If not, have
any manufacturers announced plans to support tn3270 in the future, and
how soon?

Please respond via E-mail .. thanks.

--
Dave Rubin
Polytechnic University

BDK@unb.CA (01/17/91)

I looked at this a while ago. There are only two products that I could
find. The Yale Multi-Protocol Gateway does the job but it is expensive.
There is a company called XYPLEX (phone 508-264-9900) that makes
a TN3270 terminal server. However they only support VT100, VT220 and
standard  ANSI X3.64 compaitible terminals. They demonstrated them
at InterOP. They seemed to work. If they provided a way to have
user defined terminal types they would have a hot seller.
Brian Kaye
University of New Brunswick