[comp.protocols.tcp-ip] ftp's PC/TCP; Is it NDIS compliant??

qureshi@redwood.shell.com (Fawad Qureshi) (02/28/91)

I need to know if ftp's PC/TCP is NDIS compliant? In other words, I need
to know exactly what sits between the PC/TCP kernel and the token ring
board, DLC?, IBM's Lan Support Program?, NDIS? Thanx for any info...

Fawad Qureshi
Shell Oil Company
Internet: qureshi@shell.com   &&  qureshi@cs.rpi.edu
Bitnet:   userfwqu@rpitsmts.BITNET

--

Fawad Qureshi
Shell Oil Company

fks@FTP.COM (Frances Selkirk) (03/01/91)

  I need to know if ftp's PC/TCP is NDIS compliant? In other words, I need
  to know exactly what sits between the PC/TCP kernel and the token ring
  board, DLC?, IBM's Lan Support Program?, NDIS? Thanx for any info...

Our PC/TCP is available for a variety of environments. Usually, people
running PC/TCP over Token Ring use an IBM ASI driver (e.g. tokreui,
the LAN Support Program) and our PC-219, but you could also get our
PC-210 and use it over an NDIS driver or a Class 3 (802.5) packet driver.
In addition, we have direct support, with our own drivers, for several
Proteon PROnet cards.

cws@FTP.COM (Cris Shuldiner) (03/01/91)

    Date: 27 Feb 91 22:48:29 GMT
    From: nuchat!shell!redwood!qureshi@uunet.uu.net  (Fawad Qureshi)
    Subject: ftp's PC/TCP; Is it NDIS compliant??

    I need to know if ftp's PC/TCP is NDIS compliant? In other words, I need
    to know exactly what sits between the PC/TCP kernel and the token ring
    board, DLC?, IBM's Lan Support Program?, NDIS? Thanx for any info...

    Fawad Qureshi

Yes, our PC-210 part number of PC/TCP works with NDIS.  If you wish
to run on Token Ring the you can use this with Token Ring NDIS
drivers.  Alternatively, you can use our PC-219 part number to work
with the IBM Lan Support Program (or other ASI's).

Cris Shuldiner						Product Support
cws@ftp.com						FTP Software, Inc.
Ph: (617) 246-2920					Fax: (617) 245-7943
"Nobody told me there'd be days like these. Strange Days Indeed."
							-John Lennon